Each week CrossIceHockey.com features an informative hockey drill from Hockey Coach Vision. Here we highlight the Laura’s Quick Attacks Hockey Drill hockey drill.
The Quick Attacks Hockey Drill focuses on driving to the net off low-cycle plays out of both corners.
- FW1 drives up the wall and cycles the puck back to FW2.
- FW2 makes a pass to FW1, who is ready to shoot in the slot.
- After the shot (and rebound if any), FW1 goes to the other corner. They pick up a puck and drive up the wall and cycle back to FW2 again.
- FW1 drives to the slot as FW2 skates up the wall.
- This time, FW2 cycles the puck back to the corner to FW3, who drives low with timing.
- FW1 drives to the net, FW2 opens up in high slot and receives pass from FW3 who drives low.
Hockey Coach Vision is an application used by hockey coaches that allows them to digitize drills and tactics in animated 3D, which can then be shared. The app works on Mac or PC, as well as on iPad and Android tablets.
This powerful coaching tool enables hockey coaches to design virtually any game situation. It uses animated 3D, so that coaches can view all their plays using various 3D perspectives.
Your drills can be shared with your players and assistant coaches. PDFs can be generated to keep everyone in the loop with your practice plan. Monthly plans can be created by placing your practice packages and notes into your calendar. Manage your team and use it within every aspect of your practice plans. Use video or picture recordings to store a play, analysis, drill, technique, etc.
Coaches: If there’s a specific area you’d like to see covered, feel free to post your comment in the area below and we’ll do our best to include it.
Look for a new hockey drill from HCV here next week!
CrossIceHockey.com is reader supported. When you buy via the links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.