The Get Open 2-on-1 hockey drill focuses on neutral zone play for both defenders and attackers
The Get Open 2-on-1 hockey drill is designed to work neutral zone counter play for both defenders and attackers. Forwards get to apply checking pressure as well as read the checking pressure of the other forwards once they transition to attack.
- On the whistle, the coach spots a puck to D1. F1 and F2 apply token pressure as F3 and F4 work to get open for a pass.
- After receiving the pass, F4 passes quickly to D2. F1 and F2 now work to get open for a transition pass from D2.
- F1 and F2 now go in 2 on 1 on D1.
The Get Open 2-on-1 hockey drill instructs players to…
- After the last D pass, F3, F4 and D2 reload in the neutral zone to begin the next repetition.
- Smooth pivots by the D; Fs read forecheckers and work to get open.
The Get Open 2-on-1 hockey drill
About Hockey Coach Vision…
Hockey Coach Vision is an application used by hockey coaches that allows them to digitize drills and tactics in animated 3D, which can then be shared. The app works on Mac or PC, as well as on iPad and Android tablets. This powerful coaching tool enables hockey coaches to design virtually any game situation. It uses animated 3D, so that coaches can view all their plays using various 3D perspectives. Your drills can be shared with your players and assistant coaches. PDFs can be generated to keep everyone in the loop with your practice plan. Monthly plans can be created by placing your practice packages and notes into your calendar. Manage your team and use it within every aspect of your practice plans. Use video or picture recordings to store a play, analysis, drill, technique, etc.
Coaches: If there’s a specific area you’d like to see covered, feel free to post your comment in the area below and we’ll do our best to include it. Look for a new hockey drill from HCV here soon!